Wednesday, April 5, 2017

SUA: 2003 Ford Econoline E350 van







Has anyone else reported problems with sudden
unintended acceleration in a 2003 Ford Econoline E350
van?
Asked by LindaLou74 
March 22, 2017
about the 2003 Ford E-Series
Wagon E-350 Super Duty XL Ext
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone else reported problems with sudden
unintended acceleration in a 2003 Ford Econoline E350
van?
Asked by LindaLou74 March 22, 2017 about the 2003 Ford E-Series Wagon E-350 Super Duty XL Ext
Question type: General
I recently had a sudden unintended acceleration incident with my 2003
Ford Econoline E350 van. I was stopped behind traffic at a stoplight with
my foot on the brake. I had been waiting for 20 or 30 seconds with the
brake fully depressed when my van suddenly accelerated and crashed into
the vehicle ahead of me. My foot never left the brake, and, in fact, my front
tires were locked and left skid marks because I never took my foot off the
brake. Thankfully, the vehicle that I crashed into was a big bus that didn't
even move when my van hit it. I shudder to think what might have been the
outcome if I had been stopped behind a small car or at a school crossing.
© 2017 CarGurus ®, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

2003 FORD E-350 Vehicle Speed Control Problems  (as of: 22 Mar 2017)