Wednesday, June 7, 2017

BMW: Almost Lost My Car To Fire





Almost Lost My Car To Fire
06-03-2017, 05:14 PM  #1
(BMW E46.  2000 323Ci)
------------------------------------
jonaasmith
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Somewhere
My Ride: 2000 323Ci
This happened just minutes ago. I was sitting in the parking lot with my car off and I heard this weird buzzing noise.
I rolled down my windows and noticed it was my car. It's a pretty hot day today so I thought it was just the AUX fan
cooling the car off. I then look up 5 minutes later and saw a ploom of smoke coming out from my grills. I jumped out
of the car and popped the hood to see that my AUX fan was pouring smoke. I disconnected the battery as fast as I
could and I've been sitting here in the heat trying to find a way to get out of this parking lot. Anyone experience a
smoking AUX fan before?

 
Last edited by jonaasmith; Yesterday at 05:54 PM. Reason: Photos
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2016 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use
------------------------------------