Tuesday, July 4, 2017

JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE OWNER COMMENTS



REMEMBER THIS TRAGEDY? 

No one is asking....WHY?

Billerica Auto Auction Tragedy: Father saves son from out of control Jeep at auto auction






2007 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE OWNER COMMENTS
#1  Grand Cherokee V6
Automatic transmission 70,000 miles
Mar 28 2015
sudden acceleration car lunged & down embankment
Report date April 1, 2015
Margaret Stuart
2007 Grand Cherokee Jeep
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
sudden acceleration car lunged & down embankment Report date April 1, 2015 Margaret Stuart 2007 Grand Cherokee Jeep
In January 2007, I purchased a new 2007 Grand Cherokee Jeep, Vin #1J8GR48K77C565297. On March 18, 2015, while in my garage, I put the Jeep in reverse. It suddenly accelerated/screeched on it's own. It flew out of my garage almost hitting trees in the yard. I was able to stop the Jeep by braking. I told husband about this incident. We decided we would take the Jeep in for a checkup soon to see why this had happened. I have always been a Jeep owner, owned many, and take good care of my vehicles, This Jeep, although a 2007, is in pristine condition and was always checked periodically.
On March 28, 2015, after driving from the CA mountains to AZ just turned 70,000 miles on trip. About 5 pm, I was at my son Ryan Stuart's home. I backed jeep into his driveway to release trailor and its goods I was transferring to him. Turned engine off stayed for about 10 minutes and then left. I turned ignition on and put into drive never touched gas pedal. The Jeep quickly accelerated/screeched forward, out the driveway, across the street, and toward the neighbor's home. I was shocked and totally caught off guard. I immediately steered the Jeep as quickly as I could away from the house and 2 cars in the driveway. The jeep keep accelerating down an embankment towards the next home. My Jeep flipped over doing a 360 degree and landed on the passenger side. I was up in the air as seat belt held me down. My son, Ryan Stuart, witnessed this whole incident and ran to my aid as did other neighbors. The seat belt on my chest was causing me trouble breathing. Ryan tried to alleviate my pain by pulling it away from chest.
I do not remember police, fire fighters, or an ambulance taking me to the hospital. When I woke up, my husband William Stuart and son Ryan Stuart were with me at hospital. Within one hour of my jeep turning 70,000 miles I was in the ER and my jeep upside down totalled.
The ER Dr. said I had a concussion. No neuro doctors were on duty that night at the hospital. I was advised I could be taken to a Las Vegas hospital by ambulance to see Neuro doctor or go home with my husband if he checked my eyes every hour. I elected to go home even though my whole body and head hurt. I had follow-up care with my own physician. My whole body still hurts, especially my head, neck, and back. Saw Neuro doctor 3 weeks after crash and said post concussion syndrome with PTSD. My problems were mainly with thinking, memory, speech. I decided to get proper care at Boulder Neurological Center in Boulder, CO where I use to live and work. As of this writing, I am also extremely upset thinking how close I came to being killed in this accident. I tried to get help from the legal community no one wanted to touch as I was told by Phoenix attorney firm "if I had been impaired for rest of my life his firm would have taken case." I have read other horrible incidents involving "SUDDEN ACCELERATION" in Grand Cherokee Jeep and people have died. I can tell you emphatically that there was no driver error. I reported this to NHTSA as well as Consumer Affairs so someone will do something before there is an entire family dead due to sudden acceleration. It is real and I have worked for Federal Courts for over 20 years and can tell you emphatically "NO driver error"!!
Margaret Stuart
Copyright © 2000—2017
"Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" & "The Truth About Cars" are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update from Aug 6, 2015
The airbags did not deploy even after going down embankment and flipping over doing 360 and landing on passenger side of jeep.
Update from Jan 23, 2017
Air Bags never deployed during the car crash on March 28, 2015. Jeep went down embankment and flipped over 360 degrees. Did not remember if entered this information in my complaint due to brain injury. Margaret Stuart
- Maggie S., Lake Havasu City, AZ, US
Copyright © 2000—2017
"Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" & "The Truth About Cars" are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE Vehicle Speed Control Problems (as of: 1 Jul 2017)http://www.arfc.org/complaints/2006/jeep/grand_cherokee/vehicle_speed_control/problem.aspx   (46)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE Vehicle Speed Control Problems  (as of: 1 Jul 2017)
------------------------------------------------------------------------


2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Technical Service Bulletins

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Video: Car-wash chain won't clean older
Jeep Cherokee models over sudden
acceleration fears
BY MICHAEL ROBERTS
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 6, 2013 AT 6:02 A.M.
(2010 or before Cherokee/Grand Cherokee)
--------------
(excerpts):
This is not a new issue. Way back in 2006, the International Carwash
Association issued an advisory on Jeep Cherokee models based on sudden-
acceleration reports. The document doesn't recommend banning such vehicles,
but it does list five procedures to be employed when they're being cleaned for
safety reasons:
1. Handle Jeep Cherokees and Jeep Grand Cherokees with extreme caution
2. Allow only specially trained car wash employees to handle these vehicles
3. Notify all car wash employees when one of these vehicles is on the property
4. Move the vehicle using both feet - left foot on the brake and right foot on
    the accelerator
5. Instruct employees and customers to never walk in front of one of these
    vehicles